Here are answers to some of the most common questions we hear.
What are your fees?
If you use our services for the sale of your home, our fee is only $150. If you are buying a home, the price is $350.
Why are your fees so low?
Because of the high volume of clients we receive, we are able to keep our prices lower than many other offices.
When should I contact an attorney?
We suggest you contact an attorney before presenting a contract on a house. That way, you can have your lawyer
representing and serving you immediately. And remember, if you don't end up closing the purchase or sale of the
house, Tracey Rapp & Associates doesn't charge a fee. So getting us involved right away might be your best option.
What services do you provide?
We provide complete legal services for residential real estate transactions, including:
- Negotiating between buyer and seller all the way through closing.
- Reviewing contracts to make sure they best represent your needs.
- Ordering surveys of your property.
- Ordering and reviewing title.
- Preparing all documentation.
- Scheduling closing date, time, and place.
- Handling the extra documentation that goes with buying or selling a condo.
Do I have to attend closing?
If you can't make it to the closing, or simply wish to avoid the stress of the event, you will only have to sign your closing
papers in advance. We will walk you through it.
How do we pay your office?
We are paid out of the check that you bring to the closing, and we are only paid if the deal closes.
Outside of your fees, what fees might I have to pay?
Other groups -- such as state, county, and city government entities -- will require various payments during the closing process.
These may include:
- Title fees.
- State, county, and village transfer stamps.
- Cost of surveying (for single-family homes only).
- Pest inspection (if written into the contract).
- Association fees (if home is part of one).
- Water and zoning certifications (if home is in Chicago).
How do I get village real estate transfer stamps?
Our office will prepare all the necessary paperwork so all you have to do is go to your village hall and purchase them.
If you have any questions that aren't answered on this page, give us a call for a free telephone consultation at
1-800-479-9266. Or email us at TraceyRappLaw@gmail.com.
Tracey Rapp & Associates operates primarily in the western, northwestern, southwestern,
and southern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, including Dupage, Will, Kane, and Cook County.
The information at this site is not intended as legal advice. You should consult an attorney
for advice specific to your particular situation.
Se Habla Español